Our phone system supports adding a prefix to all calls that come in on a certain phone number. Many businesses utilize this feature so they are aware in advance of the source of the call, or are prepared to handle that call differently from a call which may come in on a different line. Follow the steps below to enable or update the prefix attached to a given phone number.
1. Log in to our portal at https://portal.digitalphone.io using your Office Manager account.
2. Click the "Inventory" icon along the top of the screen.
3. Click the phone number you need to make the change to.
4. In the "Caller ID Prefix" box on the bottom left of the edit screen, enter what you want your phone to display as the prefix for that phone number.
- For clarity's sake, we recommend entering the same information on the "Notes" box on the right as well.
- DO NOT edit any of the information in any of the other fields, or you may cause call routing issues on that phone number!
5. Click the blue "Save" button.
You will need to repeat steps 3-5 for each phone number that needs the prefix updated.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out and let us know and we'll be happy to help, just call us at 336-346-6000, or just dial 611 from your DigitalPhone desk phone. We can also be reached by emailing email@example.com or by opening a support ticket.