If you'd like the mobility of automatically having your cell phone ring if someone dials your extension directly, but the convenience of all of your voicemails being directed to your office phone, simultaneous ring is your best option. There are two options for simultaneous ring- you can either have your cell phone ring at the same time your desk phone rings, or you can put it on a short timed delay so you have a 2-3 ring grace period before your cell rings.
1. Log into our portal at https://portal.digitalphone.io.
2. Click "Answering Rules" along the top of the screen.
a. If you are an Office Manager, you will need to click the triangle to the right of your name in the top right corner of the screen, then select "My Account" to view your account preferences.
3. Click the edit (pencil) icon to the right of the time frame you want to change your routing for.
4. Check the box next to "Simultaneous ring" and enter your cell phone number in the appropriate field.
- Make sure there are NO check marks under "Call Forwarding" and that there IS a check mark on "Include user's extension."
5. (OPTIONAL) If you want your cell phone to ring on a delay rather than immediately, click the clock icon to the right of your cell phone number and use the slider to adjust how long the system waits before ringing your cell phone. (1 ring typically lasts about 5 seconds.)
6. Click the blue "Save" button on the bottom right of the window.
If you prefer your calls to forward to your cell phone when you are busy or unavailable, and you want the voicemails to go to your cell phone voicemail, you will choose the Call Forwarding option instead of simultaneous ring. The only difference is that instead of step 4 above, you will do the following.
4. Check the boxes next to "When busy," "When unanswered," and "When offline" and enter your cellphone number in each of those fields.
- You will only select "Always" if you DO NOT want your desk phone to ring at all, under any circumstances.
5. Click the blue "Save" button.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out and let us know and we'll be happy to help, just call us at 336-346-6000, or just dial 611 from your DigitalPhone desk phone. We can also be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by opening a support ticket.